Friday, April 9, 2010

Hey,
Yeah I got Joy and Jill's letters, and wrote them back, but i haven't seen yours yet, it should be getting here shortly.
Our platoon has been split up for the last two weeks while we waited for the base tac to get here so thats why I was filling in at the bomb stop, and today my platoon finally got back together. We did some patrols today and for the next six months we'll be doing patrols in the northern part of our AO.
Funny story for you, (i thought i died twice) two days ago I was sitting in my truck behind the 50 cal. and some army convoy crossed in front of us so I raised the gun up so it didn't flag them and I herd a whssssss sound and something hit me in the face and was burning my eyes for a second I though I got shot in the face, until I realized I left a pepsi can under the gun mount and the T and E poked a hole in it and i got blasted in the face with pepsi then about an hour later a afghan drove by us in an eighteen wheeler and just as he passed the truck one of his tires blew and shot moon dust and rocks all over the place I thought it was and IED, because it was loud as heck.
As far as what I owe you, you can go a head and take out what ever you need to.
Well thats all for now, I'll talk to you later
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment