Saturday, March 6, 2010

Follow Up



Forgot I had this picture of Jake's platoon. It was included in a letter from his Platoon Commander. Jake is on the back row all the way to the right - with the sunglasses.


While Jake thinks this is corny, wanted to include what the Lieutenant said.



"I would like to thank you for the sacrifice you make as parents to support Jacob, our Corps, and our coountry. Your son's hard work and dedication have gratly contributed to our mission success. Jacob is an outstanding Marine worthy of the many accolades and awards he constantly wins. He seets the example for his peers and has quickly become an excellent team leader. I look forward to witnessing his development as a leader in Afghanistan. I promise you that I will do my utmost to bring him back home safely."



The words from an officer as compared to Jared's Platoon Sergeant who said upon Jared's return from Iraq the second time:



"Sir, this is the best damned Marine I've ever had!"




1 comment: